More Thoughts from WebVisions

When Dan Cederholm (there’s that name again… sorry) came back from the @media conference in London, he blogged about dumping his cranberry juice in his lap at the very beginning of the trip. Not fun.

Well, I’m not going across the Atlantic, but on the way home from WebVisions, I am going across the country. I’m going from Portland, Oregon to Providence, RI via… Phoenix. Yeah, a big checkmark across the good ol’ U S of A. I’m on the Phoenix to Providence leg right now (the five hour flight that came after the three hour one). Since it’s a five hour flight, Southwest gave us a WHOLE CAN of soda. Of course, I open it up and, it explodes.

How do you deal with it? I’m in the window seat, so it’s not like I can hold it over an empty seat until it’s done erupting. And it’s not like I can move around at all. I even had my PowerBook out (but closed), sitting on the traytable. Luckily, I quickly moved the can away to save it. Then I’ve got it hanging over the back of the traytable… I look down and my laptop bag is open with my recently signed copy of Dan’s Bulletproof Web Design exposed. Oh hell no, that’s not going to do.

The only thing I have left to do is just let it finish erupting while running down my leg. Not a pleasurable experience, but the laptop and the book are fine. I guess a super-sticky leg isn’t as bad as a lapful of cranberry juice though.

With that, I will go into some final thoughts about WebVisions:

Some more wrap-ups:
Dan Cederholm
Jeremiah Owyang
D. Keith Robinson
Bryan Veloso
Micki Krimmell
Matt Anderson
Erin Julian
Bryan Veloso
Nick Finck
Conference Web Page

1. On July 24th, 2006 at 5:58 am YMP said:

Remember the old days when you could have 2 sodas if you preferred?

2. On July 24th, 2006 at 8:59 am Web Strategy by Jeremiah » WebVisions 2006: The Blog, Picture, and Video List said:

[...] Summation [...]

3. On July 24th, 2006 at 9:16 am Jeremiah Owyang said:

Thanks for the kind words, no reason to be jealous for the job I have, it’s not as sexy as the other folks you’ve mentioned.

I did create my role however and was able to write my own job description! What fun –it took some courage, MANY hours, and ability to work with others for a common goal.

I wrote about being a corporate blog evangelist here:

4. On July 24th, 2006 at 12:39 pm Gene Smith said:

Ditto what Jeremy said. (Though my job *is* kinda sexy. ;)

I don’t think we met in Portland, Adam… but if we cross paths again please say hi.

5. On July 24th, 2006 at 4:26 pm Adam Darowski said:

We didn’t meet, Gene, but perhaps next year. :)

And thanks for the link Jeremiah. I’m slowly but surely going to get through a lot of your older information. That was pretty sweet seeing your post about Instructables today… I was like… yeah, I knew about that Friday! :)

6. On July 25th, 2006 at 6:31 am Dan Cederholm said:

Very nice to have met you, Adam. When I hear “Dave Roberts” outside of New England, it makes me feel like I’m home again :-)

Thanks for the excellent Webvisions write-ups as well.

7. On July 25th, 2006 at 7:24 am Nate K said:

Thanks for all of the great write-ups of the seminars. Your notes were easy to understand and follow – and lots of good information packed into them. I wish I could have attended, but I guess I’ll have to plan for the next one.

Again, thanks for the great notes and details!

Peace,
    Nate

8. On July 27th, 2006 at 10:45 am Matthew Anderson said:

Doesn’t look like we were able to meet either, Adam. Here’s to next year then. Thanks for those great session notes!

9. On July 27th, 2006 at 11:13 am Adam Darowski said:

Thanks, Matthew. Checked out your blog post and if there’s one thing I took from it, it is to hang out more next time. Seems like everyone had a blast after hours. I should save project work for plane rides instead. ;)

If there’s one thing I’m glad I *did* do this time around, though… it’s take great notes on the seminars I attended. Otherwise, none of you would be reading this right now. :)