When coming back from WebVisions a couple months ago, I was inspired to start redesigning this site. Or, I should say… start DESIGNING this site. This blog uses a freely available theme that I have only slightly modified. Well, that design that I was working on was a little too… me. I need to start breaking some habits, so I’ve decided to play.
This design is the first of what I hope will be a few attempts at that.
Things to note about this site:
- It’s green. When going through some books on color with my co-worker Sibyl, I mentioned how I have never successfully implemented green. Sounded like a challenge to me.
- It’s kind of playful with the use of a font called “Creampuff”. That font is very… not me. I tend to design very conservatively though I’m very far from conservative personally. This design is pretty conservative, except the font lets some of my inner goofiness come through.
- The chicken photo (still trying to find a better photo) is an example of how I could use photography to further push the playfulness. Creating Passionate Users uses great illustrations to let goofiness come out.
- This page is just a sub-page within the blog. The home page will actually contain bits and pieces from each section (blog summaries, portfolio teasers, perhaps personal photography, etc.).
- The use of a non-traditional font will probably mean that I will have to use something like sifr (Scalable Inman Flash Replacement) to execute it. Sounds like another fun challenge!
Of course, this is just the first mockup. I hope to leave this one be for a while and come up with something else next. Comments are very welcome!