Photo of Tantek by of Thomas Hawk
So, I got to the airport this morning, Southwest’s computers were down. Luckily, after a half hour, I was able to check in. Wait, did I got to South By Southwest… BY SOUTHWEST? I guess I did.
So, I arrived before checkin time. I eventually checked in and had to run immediately to the Convention Center. That’s a $25 cab ride, so I’m going to find an alternate route (like this) since I can’t pay that out ten times over the next few days. Of course, the cab ride took forever and the line inside was ridiculous, so I got to the first panel that I wanted to see a bit late. However, I got in. So, here are my first notes:
- Panel moderated by Min Jung Kim
- I’m a big fan of Tantek √áelik, so I wanted to hit this panel.
- Goofy panel, plenty of joking around
- There are actually free cigarettes at the designated smoking areas.
- “Hold on, I’m getting a Twitter. Never mind, that was a Dodgeball message.” — Min Jung Kim
- “What happens at South By Southwest stays on Flickr” — Tantek
- Tantek marked up the panelists page with hCards. One link imports them all to Address book… “Who wants to copy and paste when you can do that?” –Tantek
- Tantek just brought up Twitter, so I finally signed up (my feed).
- The panel shared their views of the best parties and events at SXSWi.
- Whoa. Tony Pierce mentioned Teenage Fanclub. Best band ever.
This was really the only panel of the day. It will be interesting to see what goes on tonight.
Update: Liz Henry took better notes than I (and Tantek just stole her Twitter to use as advice).
Update: Vanessa took some good notes as well.
Update: Tantek’s page that he projected.
Update: The LAist.com posted coverage.