Brian touches on (among other topics):
- Developing web apps outside of The Valley (see my notes on his SXSW panel)
- How companies can use blogs as outreach to become thought leaders, getting their name out there. Then, they can provide services to those interested (37signals model).
- Don’t use social media as spam. Use it as a focus group.
- Marketers are dinner party hosts. Link people and companies that can help each other.
- Marketing is moving towards “small good things” and away from blasting out big ad campaigns.
These are two great guys that were huge in getting me started on my path away from the traditional ignorant design approach. They helped teach me that design is more than just making something functional to fill a need. There are ways you can engage the user base and collaborate with them to make something really special. This approach has been career-changing for me.